With several photo editing tools in its repertoire, iPhoto is the new image editing application created by Apple. Even though this application is relatively new, iPhoto is Apple’s answer to Adobe Photoshop. The new photo editing application was released on the iTunes store quite recently with a reasonable price tag of $4.99. Even though most applications created by Apple are patented and cannot be used on Windows PC, you can still download iPhoto from various application website online.
Salient Features of iPhoto
Even though Adobe Photoshop is considered the best software for editing images and most professionals prefer to use it, iPhoto comes with some improvements that make this app highly competitive.
- iPhoto can be used to edit images of up to 19 megapixels while Photoshop has the capacity of editing images conforming to the 1600×1600 pixels limit.
- This image editing application by Apple for designed to be used with the new iPad. However, iPhoto can be used on iPhone 4 and 4S as well. iPad 2 is also compatible for downloading this app.
- The user interface of iPhoto is once again, very impressive. It lets users flag, favorite and select other pictures all at one time along with the option for adding suitable captions.
- iPhoto also allows users to drag and make various necessary changes in the pictures like contrast, brightness, saturation and exposure.
- You can also crop images using the iPhoto app.
- The automatic edge detection option helps secure parts of the image that don’t need editing.
- iPhoto app lets users make localized changes in saturation, sharpness and brightness, etc. Red eyes can also be fixed using the red eye removal option.
- A repair brush option is also available that helps in removing unwanted blemishes and marks.
- There is also an option for improving sharpness of the images.
- As soon as the picture is completely edited and changes made are saved, the app moves on to save the image automatically on Photo Journal.
- The Photo Beam option lets users send high resolution pictures to other Apple devices with Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity.
You can download iPhoto for Windows using this link :
The Not So Impressive Features of iPhoto
Even though Apple always strives to create app with high functionality, there are some features in this app that seem quite annoying.
- The application seems to slow down when several changes are made to the image.
- There are only 6 special effects to choose from when most applications have dozens of various special effects.
- One cannot even tell if the auto detection option is working or not because it has a very subtle, barely-there effect.
- There are not many options for making serious changes in the image as compared to Photoshop.
- No masking tools are available in iPhoto while Photoshop has many.
iPhoto is a so-so app when you compare it with Photoshop but for most beginners and users who barely make a few changes in their images; this app is perfect. It also comes at an affordable price of just $4.99.